- ･ Established Sankyo Shoten.
- ･ Manufactured and launched sales of Chloropicrin, Japan's
first synthetic pesticide.
- ･ Established Toyo Koatsu Industries.
- ･ Established Yasugawa Plant in Shiga prefecture.
- ･ Established Mitsui Chemical Industry.
- ･ Began production of Chloropicrin, a soil fumigant, at the
- ･ Established Utsunomiya Chemical Industry Co., Ltd.
- ･ Established Mitsui Petrochemical Industries.
- ･ Started termite control business.
- ･ Established Kyushu Sankyo Co., Ltd.
- ･ Launched MO (Chlornitrofen), the herbicide for paddy rice
- ･ Mitsui Chemical Industry merged with Toyo Koatsu
Industries to form Mitsui Toatsu Chemicals, Inc.
- ･ Launched the fungicide TACHIGAREN (Hymexazol) in
- ･ Established Mitsui Toatsu Agrochemical from the Tokyo
sales department of the agriculture and pharmaceutical
division of Mitsui Toatsu Chemicals, Inc.･ Launched the insecticide OFFNAC (Pyridafenthion) in
- ･ Developed DL agent (drift prevention agent for
- ･ Launched URIBEST (Naproanilide), the herbicide for paddy
rice in Japan.
- ･ Launched SANBIRD, the pyrazolate herbicide for paddy
- ･ Launched KUSAKARIN (Pyrazolate mixture), an early-stage
one-shot herbicide for paddy rice in Japan.
- ･ Launched the fungicide TACHIGARE-ACE powder (Hymexazol
mixture) in Japan.
- ･ Launched SHINZAN (Naproanilide mixture), the herbicide
for paddy rice in Japan.
- ･ Launched the insecticide TREBON (Etofenprox) in
Japan.･ Launched the fungicide TACHIGARE-ACE liquid (Hymexazol)
- ･ Launched the miticide MILBEKNOCK EC (Milbemectin) in
- ･ Launched the soil fungicide NEBIJIN (Flusulfamide) in
- ･ Launched the miticide KOROMITE EC (Milbemectin) in
- ･ Established Sankyo Ryokka Co., Ltd. (later MC Ryokka Co.,
- ･ Mitsui Toatsu Chemicals Inc. and Mitsui Petrochemical
Industries, Ltd. merged to form Mitsui Chemicals, Inc.
(MCI)･ Launched the miticide ANIVERSE (Halfenprox) in
Japan.･ Launched KUSATORY ACE JUMBO (Cafenstrole, Dymron and
Bensulfuron-methyl), the toss-in one-shot herbicide for
paddy rice in Japan.･ Launched the miticide KOROMITE hydrate (Milbemectin) in
- ･ Launched the insecticides STARKLE and ALBARIN
(Dinotefuran) in Japan.･ Launched VERMITOL aqueous EC (Etofenprox), an insecticide
for disease control in Japan.
- ･ Launched the fungicide SANLIT hydrate (Simeconazole) in
Japan.･ Established Sankyo Agro Co., Ltd. by splitting off the
agro-business division from Sankyo Co., Ltd.･ Established Sankyo Lifetech Co., Ltd. by splitting off
the special products business division from Sankyo Co.,
- ･ Launched the termiticide MIKEBLOCK (Dinotefuran) and the
miticide MIKEBLOCK EC (Milbemectin) for wood treatment in
- ･ Mitsui Toatsu Agrochemical Inc., Sanchu Chemical Inc.,
and Santo Chemical Industry merged to form Mitsui Chemicals
Crop Life Inc.
- ･ Sankyo Agro Co., Ltd. took over the amenity care business
division of Sankyo Lifetech Co., Ltd.･ Sankyo Agro Co., Ltd. became a member of the Mitsui
Chemicals Group through a transfer of shares.･ Sankyo Agro Co., Ltd. and Mitsui Chemicals Crop Life,
Inc. merged, and the new company took over the name "Sankyo
Agro Co., Ltd."･ Utsunomiya Chemical Industry Co., Ltd. became a member of
the Mitsui Chemicals Group.･ Launched termite protection system TERM GUARD SYSTEM in
- ･ Agrochemicals business of Mitsui Chemicals, Inc. and
Sankyo Agro Co., Ltd. merged to form Mitsui Chemicals Agro
Inc.･ MC Ryokka Co., Ltd. became a member of the Mitsui
- ･ Launched the fungicide AFFET SC (Penthiopyrad) in
Japan.･ Launched the insecticide ANIKI EC (Lepimectin) in
- ･ Established Korea branch
- ･ Launched the termiticide MIKEBLOCK granule (Milbemectin)
in Japan.･ Established Thailand office.
- ･ Established Vietnam office.
- ･ Launched FLY DOWN BAIT (Dinotefuran), the insecticide for
livestock barns in Japan.
- ･ Launched the fungicide SANBLAS (Tolprocarb) granules in
Japan.･ Launched the heat-insulation construction HEAT MAGIC
SYSTEM in Japan.
- ･ Participated in "ZERO by 40," an initiative supported by
IVCC (Innovative Vector Control Consortium: an organization
funded by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and other
organizations), which aims to achieve zero malaria cases by
- ･ Launched the insecticide BROFREYA (Tenebenal) in
Japan.･ Launched VECTRON (Tenebenal), an insecticide for epidemic
control in Japan.･ Launched a product containing the herbicide CYRA for
paddy rice in Japan.
- ･ Acquired the agrochemicals business of Meiji Seika Pharma Co., Ltd. and took over the businesses of MMAG Co., Ltd., MMAgro Chemical Co., Ltd. and MM Agro Korea Co., Ltd..